Certificate of membership
- In PDF format and emailed annually to members within 45-days of joining/renewing.
- Volunteering is an IPOS member benefit – Opportunity to serve on IPOS committees to influence the international efforts in education and research that IPOS can uniquely undertake.
Awards and Scholarships
- Only members can be nominated for IPOS Awards and apply for IPOS scholarships (when available).
IPOS World Congress and Symposia
- Reduced rates (15% to 20% discount for IPOS members depending on registration option selected) for attending the Annual World Conference and symposia supported by IPOS, including the World Congress of Psycho-Oncology.
- Access to an international network of professionals in the areas of oncology, psychiatry, psychology, nursing, social work and clergy.
- Your name and contact information included in the online directory of members.
- Free and discounted rates to webinars
- Access to the members-only website, including clinical guidelines, online membership directory for up-to-date member contact information, exclusive member discount, etc.
- Opportunity to pose research or clinical questions and receive online email feedback from IPOS members via an online discussion forum (listserv).
- Free membership in the Psycho-Oncology Group of the World Psychiatric Association (must complete the WPA Group Application Form).
- Multilingual psychosocial oncology curriculum (CORE) – only current IPOS members can receive certificates of completion.
- Participation in cross-cultural research initiatives and surveys regarding clinical practice and research.
- Access to online information about research and clinical training programs, support for training opportunities, evidence-based clinical practice guidelines.
- Opportunity to suggest and organize liaisons to organizations in the various supportive care disciplines that have a mission for providing psychosocial care to cancer patients and their families.
- Opportunity to propose and participate in health care policy initiatives through IPOS to improve psychosocial care at an international level.
- Online knowledge sharing network Sosido – A weekly email digest summarizing all activity in the IPOS community.
Journals and Books
- $100 to $200 submission discount to submit to the Journal of Psychosocial Oncology Research and Practice. Rates are $1,000 USD ($800 for current IPOS members) for Tier 1 manuscripts (original articles, reviews, and guidelines) and $500 USD ($400 for current IPOS members) for Tier 2 papers (Case Reports, Editorials, and Letters to the Editor).
- Opportunity to subscribe, for reduced members-only rates, to other journals that may be of interest: Palliative and Supportive Care, (six annual issues), and the Journal of Cancer Survivorship (four annual issues).
- Discounts on publications/books on geriatric psycho-oncology, pediatric psycho-oncology and others.