What are Registered Reports?
Registered Reports are a new form of empirical article in which the methods and proposed analyses are preregistered and reviewed prior to research being conducted. The cornerstone of the Registered Reports format is that a significant part of the manuscript will be assessed prior to data collection, with the highest quality submissions accepted in advance. This format is designed to minimize bias in deductive science, while also allowing complete flexibility to conduct exploratory (unregistered) analyses and report serendipitous findings Psycho-Oncology is pleased to announce that the journal now accepts Registered Reports. Click here to find out more.
Why publish a Registered Report in Psycho-Oncology?
- Benefit from peer review prior to conducting your experiment, data collection and analysis, helping to identify any issues with the study methodology
- Initial presentation of your research study design will be published after in-principle acceptance followed by full paper publication after further analysis and peer review
- Improve the potential impact of your research, with the knowledge that your research methodology has been independently reviewed
How do Registered Reports work?
- Submit your research question and study design
- The Psycho-Oncology editorial team will then send suitable submissions for peer review
- Your article will be rejected or accepted in principle for publication
- If your research is accepted, your study design will then be published in the journal
- Conduct your study and submit your final article for re-review
- If your study matches the approved research plan and draws appropriate conclusions, it will be published, regardless of the findings
- The final published article will be linked to your original, published study design
Click here to submit your registered report.
CME for Reviewers
Psycho-Oncology in partnership with Wiley now offers continuing medical education (CME) credit for peer review of manuscripts submitted to the journal. Peer reviewers may request 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ per original manuscript being reviewed. Reviewers may only claim CME credit once per manuscript. Credit claims for additional rounds of review will not be awarded.
Accreditation and Designation Statement
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. is accredited by the ACCME to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
John Wiley & Sons, Inc. designates a manuscript review activity for a maximum of 3.0 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit™. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
The American Medical Association (AMA) limits the number of Continuing Medical Education (CME) credits earned through manuscript review to five (5) reviews—or fifteen (15) AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ toward the AMA PRA per year.
Upon the completion of this activity, the participant will be able to:
- Enhance their knowledge of psycho-oncology
- Improve their capacity to recognize and evaluate quality research in psycho-oncology
- Improve their care of patients by integrating knowledge of psycho-oncology care/treatments into comprehensive cancer care.
No commercial support has been accepted related to the development or publication of this activity.
Faculty and Disclosures
Maggie Watson PhD discloses no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests.
Associate Editor for Asia
Richard Fielding BA (Hons), C.Psychol, PhD, FFPH discloses no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests.
Associate Editor for North America
William Pirl MD, MPH discloses no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests.
Tania Estapé and Elliot Coups disclose no relevant financial relationships with commercial interests.
To submit a request for CME credit, the manuscript reviewer must complete the required CME questions within their review submission form online. Following submission, your request for credit will then be processed. Please note that requests for CME credit are only possible during initial submission of your review.
Certificates for all approved requests will be issued out by email on a monthly basis. A copy of your certificate will be held on file by the accredited provider for later access. If you require a replacement copy of your certificates, or if you have any questions regarding the program, please contact the accredited provider at firstname.lastname@example.org.